Ogre Line, Point and Triangles drawing on-fly
- osolizig
- Halfling
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:55 pm
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe
- x 1
- Contact:
Ogre Line, Point and Triangles drawing on-fly
I have a problem. The Novodex SDK debug mode sends me only data each frame about point, lines and trinagles. How can I set the Ogre to render those data.
- monster
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Contact:
- Bren
- Goblin
- Posts: 215
- Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:41 pm
- Location: 0,0,0
- Contact:
- monster
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Contact:
I hate to disagree, but typically the reasons why an application needs to draw geometry of this type (e.g. for debugging) are as many and varied as the applications themselves. I think that trying to come up with a generic debug line drawing class would probably be as much of a problem as coming up with a generic function to get the triangle data out of a mesh (like I suggested here).
Like the mesh reading code, there are a number of Line drawing classes scattered around on the forums, and if the Wiki ever becomes available again, there are probably others there. This one is pretty much the exact one I used in both OgreOde and Ogrewton. Works a treat;
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5342
Like the mesh reading code, there are a number of Line drawing classes scattered around on the forums, and if the Wiki ever becomes available again, there are probably others there. This one is pretty much the exact one I used in both OgreOde and Ogrewton. Works a treat;
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5342
- neocryptek
- Gnome
- Posts: 335
- Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:21 pm
- Location: Idaho, USA
- Contact: