Page 1 of 1

What to download?

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:21 pm
by Evo
I'm just getting into open source programs, and I was wondering what exactly I needed to download from the main sight. I have a vague idea what a CVS is, and I don't think I'll need that, but what WILL I need?

Also, I'm new to using VC++ 6 (I've used Dev-Cpp in the past) and would like to know where to put the files to be included.

I'm going to be using this (if all goes to plan) for game programming.

Thanks much in advance!

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:47 pm
by monster

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:50 pm
by Evo
Thanks much, Monster!

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:41 pm
by charlie
I'm just getting into open source programs, and I was wondering what exactly I needed to download from the main sight. I have a vague idea what a CVS
Well, perhaps you should think of using the stable release, especially if you are new.
You can find it in the download area under source releases.
If you are on windows, you'll need the dependencie files, too.
In general, CVS Versions of projects sometimes may have problems, since they are in development. But, if you want it, they are always the bleeding edge of technology. So it's up to you, what you prefer.

Welcome to ogre..., you'll love it ;)