Page 1 of 1
ogre and devc++?
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:55 pm
by rogerdv
Has somebody here created some project in DevCpp? Right now i have found that VC .net is a bit stupid and gives lot of errors in places that works perfectly under linux. Can somebody point me to some place where i can get the dependencies for DevCpp?
Re: ogre and devc++?
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:42 pm
by Lucky_Luciano
rogerdv wrote:Has somebody here created some project in DevCpp? Right now i have found that VC .net is a bit stupid and gives lot of errors in places that works perfectly under linux. Can somebody point me to some place where i can get the dependencies for DevCpp?
Not sure about DevCpp but Visual Studio .Net works wonderful here. I must admit: I had some trouble compiling Ogre in the beginning but, now that I think about it, this was entirely my fault...
Perhaps you can elaborate what those errors are in VC .net?
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:05 pm
by sinbad
OGRE is supported out of the box on VC6, VC7.0 and VC7.1, and will work on VC8 with some work but that's not officially supported until it's out of beta.
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:25 am
by flich
Supposivly, cygwin can work for ogre3d, so maybe try that but as sinbad said before vc 6.0, 7.0, and 7.1 works. VC 8.0 beta works (I got it to work). Also mingw by itself works but I think you have to modified some source, I am really not sure. So I would go with that. VC Toolkit may or may not work, I dont think anyone has compiled ogre3d on it yet.
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:17 am
by :wumpus:
Cygwin+mingw works, there's a topic about it called 'Official mingw dependencies', do a search

. There are no source code changes needed on the current ogre release.