Page 1 of 1

attach mesh to a camera

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:32 am
by rex
Hi everyone

I am having trouble figuring out how to attach a mesh (a wepon in this case) to a camera. I can load and display the mesh allright i just can't get it to move with the camera.

sorry i know this would have been asked many times before but i searched the forums and couldn't really find an answer on it.

Thanks

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:02 am
by AssiDragon
Just make a scenenode, and attach both the camera and the mesh to it. :) Then you can apply the mesh's rotation and distance from the camera, as you don't want it to appear right in the middle of the viewport I guess...

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:36 am
by rex
o ok i figured it out, cheers :D

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:41 am
by Kencho
That's the generic way. For your purpose, you can add that mesh as a 3D overlay (I don't know if that feature still works on Azathoth) ;)

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 pm
by charlie
When I came up to this problem months ago I used AssiDragon approch. It worked really great for me.