Skeletons and bounding boxes
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:07 pm
I've run into a small issue with bounding boxes of animated items in 2.1. In short, the problem seems to be in the fact that Ogre (at least by default in 2.1) doesn't update bounding boxes of skeletally animated meshes/items. It is reproducible just by running ImportAnimationsShareSkeletonInstance sample for example, if you move the camera away so binding pose of the head mesh is out of the screen:

Looking through the forums I found the discussion of that exact problem quite some time ago (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79312) which ended up in a PR (https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/pull- ... boxes/diff) which was supposed to solve it.
But either I am blind or that functionality did not make it into 2.1. In my exact case I think I can easily solve it by just making AABBs bigger to cover enough space for all possible skeletal transformations. But is it how it is supposed to be done or there is a better way?

Looking through the forums I found the discussion of that exact problem quite some time ago (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79312) which ended up in a PR (https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/pull- ... boxes/diff) which was supposed to solve it.
But either I am blind or that functionality did not make it into 2.1. In my exact case I think I can easily solve it by just making AABBs bigger to cover enough space for all possible skeletal transformations. But is it how it is supposed to be done or there is a better way?