Page 1 of 1

2.0 Error loading RenderSystem_GL3Plus on MinGW-W64

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 am
by libolt
Okay so I finally #ifdefed out all my btOgre and MyGUI code since 2.0 is a stepping stone to 2.1. I then fixed some build errors due to the differences between 1.12 and 2.0 and managed to get my code to compile and link. However, when I launch my game I get the following error:

Re: 2.0 Error loading RenderSystem_GL3Plus on MinGW-W64

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:58 pm
by dark_sylinc
While it could be many things (the dll is the incorrect one and thus old, a header has the wrong export attribute) my gut tells me this happened because Ogre was built with c++98 and your app with c++11

Use:

Code: Select all

set( CMAKE_CXX_VERSION, 11 )
At the beginning of everything in Ogre's cmake and rebuild (or alternatively set your app to 98)

Re: 2.0 Error loading RenderSystem_GL3Plus on MinGW-W64

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:33 pm
by libolt
dark_sylinc,

Thanks, I will give that a shot. I am using c++11 in my game. The DLLs and headers are all matching. That's what threw me.

Re: 2.0 Error loading RenderSystem_GL3Plus on MinGW-W64

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:41 pm
by libolt
Unfortunately that did not work. I received the same error. I just checked and GCC 9.2.0 uses c++14 by default.

I'm going to download Visual Studio 2019 Community edition and attempt to build everything with that. My goal is to get my game functional on 2.0 minus MyGUI/btOgre and then port to 2.1 and hopefully switch back to MinGW as my development platform.