Page 1 of 1

Round points with constant radius in pixels

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:27 am
by Vivo
Hello

Could you please help me with the following problem. I need to show
ROUND points with the constant screen size. In other words I need to show
round points with the constant radius in pixels. It does not matter
how close or far in the scene they are, they must have the same radius
in pixels.
What I need is something like glPointSize.
Image

Image

Image

Now I did it in the following way:
Ogre::ManualObject* Point = aSceneManager->createManualObject("Point");
Point->begin("BaseWhite", Ogre::RenderOperation::OT_POINT_LIST);
Point->position(Ogre::Vector3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0));
Point->index(0);
Point->position(Ogre::Vector3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0));
Point->index(1);
Point->position(Ogre::Vector3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0));
Point->index(2);
Point->end();

Point size is set with the help of Ogre::Technique* tech->setPointSize(newSize);
Unfortunately, this way gives me SQUARED points, not ROUND. Is there
any solution for that?
I use Ogre 1.12.11
Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Round points with constant radius in pixels

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:56 am
by paroj
the points can be textured, so simply use a circle as a texture.