Page 1 of 1

Error in configuration process

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2025 1:20 pm
by Ijon Tichy

Ogre Version: 14.3.1,
Operating System: Windows 11 Home,
Render System: - (none?).

I am trying to start work on one of my ideas, and I have choosen the Ogre for it. I am following this instruction:
https://ogrecave.github.io/ogre/api/lat ... -ogre.html
but I am stuck on "Preparing the build environment".

During Cmake configuration I am getting the "Exit code 0xc0000135" error - googling this suggests this is "missing / not found dll", but I have no idea what can not find it and what dll is missing.

Screens of the Cmake GUI and the log:

Code: Select all

The C compiler identification is GNU 14.2.0
The CXX compiler identification is GNU 14.2.0
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - failed
Check for working C compiler: C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/msys64/ucrt64/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/msys64/ucrt64/bin/gcc.exe - broken
CMake Error at C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/cmake-3.30.5-windows-x86_64/cmake-3.30.5-windows-x86_64/share/cmake-3.30/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:67 (message):
  The C compiler

"C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/msys64/ucrt64/bin/gcc.exe"

  is not able to compile a simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: 'C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/build_ogre/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-8b1a8m'

Run Build Command(s): C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/cmake-3.30.5-windows-x86_64/cmake-3.30.5-windows-x86_64/bin/cmake.exe -E env VERBOSE=1 C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/msys64/ucrt64/bin/make.exe -f Makefile cmTC_a64a3/fast
Exit code 0xc0000135




CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project. Call Stack (most recent call first): CMakeLists.txt:66 (project) Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Image

Image

I am out of ideas - my last was setting the OGRE_BUILD_DEPENDENCIES to OFF, and OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR to "C:/Users/jakub/Documents/Programowanie/Dev/msys64/ucrt64", but it didn't help. :(

Please let me know if there is anything I should set / change / check.
I can provide more info, but I am not shure what can be of any help, as this is just initial configuration...


Re: Error in configuration process

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2025 2:44 pm
by rpgplayerrobin

It seems your CMake is failing, and not building Ogre itself.
It just cannot find the compiler you are attempting to use.

I would suggest you to just use Visual Studio and then follow my guide instead:
viewtopic.php?p=554037#p554037


Re: Error in configuration process

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2025 4:02 pm
by Ijon Tichy

I guess that is the best "plan B" I have.
Thank you.