xml to 3ds - 3ds to xml // i'm Willing to pay!

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
Post Reply
elrodo
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

xml to 3ds - 3ds to xml // i'm Willing to pay!

Post by elrodo »

Hello there.
You should know by now how desperate i am. xD

So, here we go.
I'm willing to pay (a reasonable fee) for someone who teaches me how to transform/convert import/export:
XML files FROM SECONDLIFE or Opensim based TO 3dStudio.
and 3ds files to xml - secondlife compatible from already created meshes.
NOT sculpties. Just object/meshes files.

I tried Ogre.
Primcomposer, etc etc.
But no luck so far.

So, please allow me to post this thread.

Please drop some light here.

thanks in advance
fgcity
Halfling
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by fgcity »

Hi Elrodo.

You don't need to pay anything :)

If you don't have a product such as 3Ds Max or Maya i would suggest use a demo.

Find a plug in for Max that would export from Max to XML.

And there you go.

Just a quick search on Google gave me this :

http://www.ozone3d.net/wak/

Search for something like:3ds max to xml

I'm sure you'll figure out the rest. Whenever in doubt just post it here.
elrodo
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by elrodo »

fgcity wrote:Hi Elrodo.

You don't need to pay anything :)

If you don't have a product such as 3Ds Max or Maya i would suggest use a demo.

Find a plug in for Max that would export from Max to XML.

And there you go.

Just a quick search on Google gave me this :

http://www.ozone3d.net/wak/

Search for something like:3ds max to xml


Hello there Fgcity.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I do have maya, 3dstudio '09, etc

The thing is, that xml-secondlife compatible files are different than regular xml files. Or .obj, etc.
So that's why i was thinking on getting a smart guy who may be able to export meshes to xml-secondlife compatible files. Or something like that

The main idea is to transform an already created in 3dsmax mesh to secondlife. And viceversa.

That's why i was thinking that rewarding this task could make someone to investigate and teaches me how to do it.

Once again, thanks for you reply.
I hope that a "converter master" shows up

thanks


I'm sure you'll figure out the rest. Whenever in doubt just post it here.
fgcity
Halfling
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by fgcity »

Well if that's the case i'm sorry. I'm sure that someone could write a script in 3ds Max to do this but unfortunately that wouldn't be me :(
Kim2
Greenskin
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Kim2 »

elrodo

You might try heading over to the oFusion forum and asking the creator of oFusion about writing the script exporter for max, he hangs around there and answers questions about oFusion very quickly. Maybe he can help you, but I'm not really sure what you're going for. The XML files for second life contain complete information for a mesh (all the vertices etc) and not just position/rotation/filename...?

Well, he did make an exporter that exports .mesh files from 3d studio so maybe he knows how to do that too.
User avatar
Evak
Orc Shaman
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA
x 1
Contact:

Post by Evak »

Lioric the Ofusion Author mentioned recently that he will soon be releasing ao optional all inclusive scene format that contains scene and mesh data in a single file.

Currently there are XML scene loading and saving, Binary loading, and XML to Binary scene conversion.

For converting formats between different games, I recommend Ultimate Unwrap 3D. That has excellent support for most game formats including Ogre XML meshes.

I noticed there is also Second Life .bmp import and export. I know nothing about Second Life or whether thats the format you meant.
elrodo
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by elrodo »

Kim2 wrote:elrodo

You might try heading over to the oFusion forum and asking the creator of oFusion about writing the script exporter for max, he hangs around there and answers questions about oFusion very quickly. Maybe he can help you, but I'm not really sure what you're going for. The XML files for second life contain complete information for a mesh (all the vertices etc) and not just position/rotation/filename...?

Well, he did make an exporter that exports .mesh files from 3d studio so maybe he knows how to do that too.
thanks a lot Kim2
maybe i'm approaching to a solution because of helpful ppl like you.
I will post in that forum, as you recommend.
Once again, thanks!
elrodo
elrodo
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by elrodo »

Evak wrote:Lioric the Ofusion Author mentioned recently that he will soon be releasing ao optional all inclusive scene format that contains scene and mesh data in a single file.

Currently there are XML scene loading and saving, Binary loading, and XML to Binary scene conversion.

For converting formats between different games, I recommend Ultimate Unwrap 3D. That has excellent support for most game formats including Ogre XML meshes.

I noticed there is also Second Life .bmp import and export. I know nothing about Second Life or whether thats the format you meant.

Thanks Evak. I will try Unwrap 3d and see if it works. Thanks for your reply
elrodo
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by elrodo »

still open!.
i'm still looking for some kind of help!
C'mon scripters! someone!

MOney involved!
there's gotta be someone out there!
User avatar
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 3092
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: TLV, Israel
x 76

Post by Assaf Raman »

Watch out for my OGRE related tweets here.
elrodo
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by elrodo »

Assaf Raman wrote:try here: http://www.rentacoder.com

Thank you! i posted there too.

I'm still looking for the right person who can write a new script or so!

Please don't hesitate to contact me!

$$$ involved! $$$

Thanks

ElRoDo
elrodo
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by elrodo »

anyone?
User avatar
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 3092
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: TLV, Israel
x 76

Post by Assaf Raman »

I moved this topic to the Recruitment forum.
Watch out for my OGRE related tweets here.
soma
Gnoblar
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: xml to 3ds - 3ds to xml // i'm Willing to pay!

Post by soma »

elrodo wrote:Hello there.
You should know by now how desperate i am. xD

So, here we go.
I'm willing to pay (a reasonable fee) for someone who teaches me how to transform/convert import/export:
XML files FROM SECONDLIFE or Opensim based TO 3dStudio.
and 3ds files to xml - secondlife compatible from already created meshes.
NOT sculpties. Just object/meshes files.

I tried Ogre.
Primcomposer, etc etc.
But no luck so far.

So, please allow me to post this thread.

Please drop some light here.

thanks in advance
soma
Gnoblar
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by soma »

Hi Elrodo,

First time tried some of our 3ds model to secondlife conversion and secondlife to 3ds conversion. it is working fine. But export to secondlife file format is tga. i wants to conform the secondlife file format is tga or not.

So pls send any one of your 3ds max model to my mail id (soma_til@yahoo.com)

thanks
SomaSundaram
Post Reply